WoundGel 800+ – ManukaLife
Capturing the well documented healing properties of Manuka honey, WoundGel 800+ works by aiding in the recovery from debilitating wounds. ManukaLife’s
formulation is designed to be a fast acting, all natural and very effective all-in-one treatment. WoundGel 800+ is made using Australian medical grade Manuka honey as the active ingredient, with 800mg/kg Methylglyoxal (MGO). “Honey with potent MGO is highly sought after for the production of medical-grade honey wound care products due to its potential clinical value in treating skin and wound infections”. This Manuka honey contains high antimicrobial activity and is proven to be antibacterial. It is well documented to be anti-inflammatory, antibiofilm and antioxidant and contains immuno-stimulatory features, osmotic effects and odour reducing activity. These features assist in the treatment of post-operative wounds and chronic wounds such as diabetic ulcers. Critically, medical grade Manuka has been shown to work against antibiotic-resistant bacteria: MRSA, MSSA, and VRE. WoundGel 800+ not only clears wound debris, maintains hydration, controls inflammation and stimulates healing, but also sterilises the wound.
See: Blair S, Cokcetin N, Harry E, and Carter D. The unusual antibacterial activity of medical-grade Leptospermum honey: antibacterial
spectrum, resistance and transcriptome analysis. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, 2009. 28:
p.1199–1208. doi: 10.1007/s10096-009-0763-z PMID: 19513768
Properties & Uses
Containing medical grade Manuka honey,WoundGel 800+ is suitable for use onwounds, burns, ulcers and other conditionswhere skin integrity is compromised. WoundGel 800+ is:
- high in antimicrobial activity
WoundGel 800+ is suitable for:
- Acute and chronic wounds
- Venous and arterial leg ulcers
- Diabetic lower limb/foot ulcers
- Pressure sores
- Minor infection of postoperative wounds
This product is approved by the Thereputic Goods Administration (TGA) as medicine on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG). The permitted indications are as follows:
- Decrease/reduce/relieve symptoms of mild, superficial skin fungal infections
- Decrease/reduce/relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot/tinea
- Helps enhance/promote skin regeneration
- Helps decrease/reduce/relieve symptoms of minor skin wounds (cuts, scratches and abrasions)
- Helps healing of mild skin burn/sunburns
- Antimicrobial for minor cuts and abrasions
- Antiseptic for minor cuts and abrasions
- Enhance/improve healing of minor skin wound/cuts/scratches/abrasions
- Enhance/improve/promote skin healing
- Maintain/support wound healing
- Decrease/reduce/relieve symptoms of insect bite/sting
- Aids/assists healing of minor skin pressure sores (decubitus ulcers/bedsores)
- Enhance/improve/promote skin repair/healing
- To be used for minor or mild burns after initial first aid treatment, medical advice should be sought for serious burns. Immediate treatment of burns should be application of cold water for ten minutes
- To be used for mild fungal infection.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
ManukaLife is a Western Australian company that develops premium-grade Manuka honey and Manuka oil products.
All products are created based on science, research and our unique positioning in Australia’s bio-secure environment. Their plantations supply premium quality Manuka honey and oil for the health, medicinal, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and nutraceutical industries. Manukalife aims to foster a sustainable Manuka industry in Australia that has global reach and influence.
From tree to hive to honey they manage every step of production to guarantee high grade, active, authentic Manuka honey. This powerful Manuka honey is just as nature intended – pure, authentic and unadulterated.
Brand: ManukaLife (shop full range here: https://honey-wholesale.com.au/product-brands/manukalife/)