This multi-purpose oil can be used topically to assist in wound and scar healing, to promote healthy-looking skin or for aromatherapy to relieve feelings of stress and promote relaxation.
Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) plants, similar to Eucalypts, are rich in leaf oils. Manuka is rapidly becoming a must-have essential oil and is one of the newest and most versatile additions to the aromatherapy family. ManukaLife obtain their Manuka oil from sustainably arvesting the leaves from our Manuka trees and extracting the oil through steam distillation. Manuka is one of nature’s most potent plants and the oil that it yields has strong antimicrobial properties making it antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.
Manuka essential oil has many special properties which can be beneficial in different areas and has been found to be up to 30 times more active than Australian tea tree oil against gram positive bacteria and is 100 times stronger than Manuka honey. It is cytophylactic which means it promotes new cell growth which can aid in the healing of wounds, it’s also cicatrisant which means it can help scars and blemishes and when applied topically. Manuka oil that has the highest levels of naturally occurring antimicrobial triketone compounds.
Applications of Manuka Oil include:
- Bite and String Antidote – Reduces swelling and itchiness and stops bites becoming more painful.
- Anti Histamatic – Quickly and easily reduces the production of histamine and thereby provides relief.
- Wound and Scar Healing – By promoting new cell growth in the affected parts of the body Manuka oil heals wounds, prevents infections and fades scars and after-marks.
- Anti Dandruff – Helps to maintain the moisture and balance in the scalp, it will stop the degeneration of the scalp skin, and will also fight infection on the scalp.
- Deodorant – This is a natural and effective alternative to combat body odor. Manuka oil drives away body odor and has its own refreshing fragrance.
- Relaxant – Manuka oil can help to soothe anxiety, depression and stress due to the alpha-pinene content found in its essential oil.
Region: Western Australia
Processing: Gently Heated